Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Family Photos

I LOVE pictures. My love for photography is probably borderline obsessive. I can't put into words the joy that photography brings me. God has surrounded us with so much beauty in nature. I love to photograph these things and enjoy them again and again. I think life is so full of moments that are beautiful. Time is so precious and it goes by so fast. What a gift to get to freeze those special moments...even everyday moments...to look back on and relive those memories as often as we want. :) One of my favorite things to photograph is people just enjoying life....You know those moments that are just beyond priceless? Sometimes, I will witness something like a dad in the park with his little one and they are laughing and having so much fun together. I always think of what a precious picture that would make and would love to take a picture and give it to them. I have to refrain from doing that because that would be a little creepy, since I don't know them. :) They may not share my enthusiasm for photography and have me arrested. lol. 

Anyway...I take pictures all the time of my family...probably a little too many, but I'm glad I take them. We recently realized that we hadn't had family photos done in close to 11 years. We had some done with my in-laws about 7 years ago, but hadn't taken any of our immediate family together in 11 years. I have a sweet friend that is an amazing photographer, so we decided this last Christmas to give each of our families a gift certificate for family pictures to be taken sometime this year. We finally did the ones with my family in August because my brother and sister in law made a trip home for a 3 week visit. My brother is in the Army and is stationed in Virginia. They hadn't been home in a few years. It was such a special time because I finally got to meet my sweet, little nephew who turned a year old while they were here. I am so happy that we were able to have these photos taken. It was such a blessing to get to spend 3 weeks with my brother and his sweet family. We have missed them so much and just enjoyed every moment they were here. Here are some of the family pictures that my friend took. :) Again, these photos were done by Nikki at Nicole Zena Photography. Check out her blog if you get time. She is amazing. :)

Here's our family! 

Me and my Sweetie of 23 years! :) Not a fan of my weird smile in this one, but John looks great! :)

My amazing parents. Aren't they cute? :)

This is all of us! :) 

This is my favorite shot of the day....I just wish you could see my mom better. :) We were all laughing at something Kianna said. I love how natural this shot is. :)

Another fun shot....Only I am sad Kyla is hiding behind Katie in this one. 

This is my adorable Nephew, Kevin. We love this little guy to pieces. :)

My brother, Rick and his beautiful wife, Colleen and Kevin.

My little brother and I

The guys! :)
The girls! :)

Reliving a childhood moment...."Mom!!!! He's touching me!!!"

If you made it this far, you are very patient. :) Sorry for sharing so many. I hope you weren't too bored. :) I put the individual photos of the girls in the Girls tab. 





No comments:

Post a Comment